Today Argentus is working with a brand new client in the food industry on a greenfield supply chain role with exceptional growth potential. This client is a burgeoning food business, with a thriving eCommerce operation and major brand partnerships. They’ve tapped Argentus to search for a Supply Chain Analyst—someone who can execute on supply chain functional areas, while also identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and supply chain maturity to support their continued growth.
Working on a hybrid basis from the company’s Toronto, ON location, this Supply Chain Analyst will take on a variety of hands-on supply chain duties in bringing the company’s products to market—while also working to build the supply chain into a key centre of value in the organization.
- Provide demand and supply planning forecasting on multiple time horizons for the company’s brands, including bulk brands and large private label contract
- Work closely with overseas suppliers on production plan, order changes, raw materials and packaging supply
- Track and plan inventory levels to ensure a continuous supply of product, while minimizing inventory overhead, excess inventory, and inventory obsolescence
- Work with overseas suppliers to identify and mitigate supply chain risks, and provide recommendations to leadership around purchasing
- Place purchase orders with overseas suppliers to meet supply requirements
- Maintain excellent purchase order records within the company ERP system, and generate inter-company transfer invoicing
- Manage all inbound shipments to ensure timelines are met, tracking ship dates and communicating them to internal stakeholders and customers
- Arrange drayage as well as inbound air freight when necessary
- Arrange customs clearance with customs broker
- Track samples for new products
- Create and maintain documentation for inbound shipments, including customs documentation, inbound paperwork for receiving warehouse, quality documentation, and ensure that documentation is in the right stakeholders’ hands
- Act as a primary point of contact with the company’s large private label customer—a key account—to provide ongoing logistics and supply chain information, plan ongoing orders, and proactively address risks while identifying solutions
- Use data and organizational skills to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and increased supply chain maturity within the organization
- Execute on projects to improve processes and systems to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and uncover innovation over the medium-to-long term
This is a great front-line supply chain role with exceptional growth potential. Our client is looking for an individual with strong functional expertise in the areas of logistics, planning, inventory management, purchasing, and customer service, within a highly entrepreneurial environment. Exceptional customer service skills, as well as an ability to use supply chain data to generate insights and report them to business leadership, is a must. This individual will wear many hats, and the right candidate needs to have the business acumen and emotional intelligence to collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders and deliver results—a hands-on “doer” who’s keen on using supply chain expertise to contribute to the business’s ongoing growth. For the right individual, this could be a career-making opportunity. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a brief note outlining the skills above.
Please note: This capsule job description is meant to give prospective candidates a basic overview of the role. A full written job description is available upon request. We regret that only candidates already located in Canada are eligible to apply.